Telluride Christian Fellowship Core Beliefs
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God.
- That the 66 books of the Old and New Testament were inspired by the Spirit of God as originally written
- That the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct · 2 Timothy 3:16
We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity of our Lord Jesus Christ
- In His eternal existence, with the Father in pre-incarnate glory
- In His work of creation, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death and bodily resurrection
- In His triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity, and in the personality of the Holy Spirit
- Who convinces of sin, of righteousness and of judgment
- Who regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ
- Who baptizes believers at conversion into the Body of Christ and bestows upon them His gifts and fills those who believe and are yielded to Him
- We Believe In the Baptism Of The Holy Spirit: Being distinct from the New Birth, to empower and anoint believers for godly living, ministry and witness. We also believe that signs and wonders, as well as the New Testament gifts of the Spirit, are operative today to testify of the presence of God's kingdom.
We believe that Adam was divinely created in the image and likeness of God
- That by the sin of disobedience he fell from that state
- That all his posterity inherited spiritual depravity and defilement
- That all men therefore are guilty before God and condemned to physical and spiritual death
We believe that salvation is by the grace of God and is received through faith
- That man was made in the likeness of God, but through Adam, sin came into the world. Jesus voluntarily gave His life and shed His blood to redeem mankind.
- That justification is by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ
- That it is essential for people to repent of sin and by faith receive the finished work of Christ by confessing Him as Lord with their mouths and believing in their heart resulting in salvation by the Holy Spirit
- That the true Church is composed of all born-again believers in Christ, regardless of denominational affiliation
- We Believe In Divine Healing: Provided for and wrought by the power of God through the prayer of faith, the laying on of hands and various other means as demonstrated through the life of Jesus.
- Our number one priority is our personal relationship with God. Therefore, our first ministry is to God with extravagant gratitude and worship
- Love is our highest goal, therefore we pursue a life of love as if our lives depended on it. This life of love is to be expressed through the special abilities the Spirit gives. We love people, our community and the world. (1 Corinthians 14:1)
- We are a community of believers who are passionate about the things of God:
Freedom through Salvation
Salvation frees us from the power of the devil - sin, lies, sickness and torment.
Every believer is a supernatural minister of the gospel of power. All ministry flows from the prayer “Thy kingdom come... on earth as it is in heaven.” We equip and send the church to carry on the signs and wonders that followed Jesus.
Impact through Love & Power
Serving a city and the world, not just a church, we demonstrate God's grace by impacting every sphere with His unconditional love and transforming power
A Glorious Bride
Christ is returning for a glorious overcoming bride - His Church. We are sons and daughters of the King, more than “sinners saved by grace.” We aim to fulfill the Great Commission. We embrace the biblical government of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers.